Thumbnails Page 1

Currently I am looking at real world Fauna and Jean Paul's 2007 Spring/Summer collections, I like the theme of ethereal being and will be using said theme to make something inspired by the garden of Eden from Christian stories.

I plan to draw multiple variations and designs of these 6 plants, drawing ten thumbnails for each one in colour. 

The plant concepts are as follows,
1.A tree trunk with fungal growths in circular shapes and spikes coming out of them growing to make a new plant on top of the currently dead tree trunk. Later on, in animation I may animate a few spores coming from the spikes to add some atmosphere. 

2. A flower with spines to help its pollen travel elsewhere, Inspired by my own cacti and certain plants that I've found stuck on my walking trousers when I've gone walking in the New Forest. 

3. I need to work on the weight distribution with this one, but it is supposed to be a tree, inspired by stained glass that's present in one of the outfits in the 2007 Spring/Summer collection, the concept of the tree is that the leaves, when wet are almost a thing colour semi-opaque quality. Allowing light to spill through. 

4. A flower, inspired by a feathery headdress in the collection, the concept of this flower is also inspired by grass weeds. This flower would probably be the most abundant in the garden as are grass weeds. 

5. Inspired by bluebells, the bottom part collects water and the flowers help lead water down into the small bowl made by the plant. Inspired by the skirt of a dress where metal pieces fall down the skirt amoung the fabric.

6. A bush inspired mainly by the maple seed, and a headdress in the collection, rather feathery and floaty, the drawing I have done looks more like what I think a seedling would look like. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari- Film Review